BECOME A LINE COOK
POSITION: LINE COOK
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for the menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the head and sous chefs with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation
- Responsible for stocking station with necessary ingredients, which are prepped to the company’s specifications for quality.
- Must strictly follow line recipes, proper builds, and specified guest modifications for preparing food to order for the guest, while maintaining a clean station and workspace.
- Requires strong communication and teamwork with other employees, including assembler, expo, and all members of management.
- Ability to follow recipes and line builds with speed and accuracy, focusing on execution, plate cleanliness, and presentation.
- Must be able to manage many guest checks simultaneously.
- Proper sanitation protocols must be followed.
- Responsibilities also include opening duties and closing cleaning duties.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma .
- Must have good performance and manager reference.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Shift flexibility, must be able to work different shifts including nights, holidays, and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Must be able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to work under stress, have excellent organizational and inter-personal skills and multi-task throughout a shift. Must have a clean, professional appearance with excellent grooming habits. Be able to safely lift, carry and easily maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds.