BECOME A SERVER
Responsible for interacting with our guests and ensuring they have an excellent dining experience. Responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience.
- Welcome and greet guests within two minutes of being seated.
- Informs guests of specials and menu changes.
- Offers specific beverage, appetizer, entre, and dessert recommendations either upon request or you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Offer suggestions for beer and food pairings of the current menu.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system before taking items to the table.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Clean and prepare the table for the arrival of menu items.
- Perform side work during each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain clean and stocked service and dining areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Provide proactive beverage refills
- Prepare the final bill, present a check to guests, accept payment, and process through the POS system.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers before they ask and be a strong contributing member of a team.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Previous server experience in restaurant or hospitality required or minimum six months experience working at a Loose Ends Brewing in a host, busser or other similar guest interfacing position. Must have good performance and manager reference.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older as required by state law to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must have food handler’s card and alcohol awareness training certification where required by state and local laws.
- Shift flexibility, must be able to work different shifts including nights, holidays, and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Must be able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to work under stress, have excellent organizational skills and multi-task throughout a shift. Must have a clean, professional appearance with excellent grooming habits. Be able to safely lift, carry and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 25 pounds.